I'm a huge follower of Seth Godin, been dipping into and out of this book called "The Big Moo", bookmarking the blurbs that standout and resonate with me...and to true Godin-style, he encourages
How to be a Failure
- Keep secrets.
- Be certain you're right and ignore those who disagree with you.
- Set aggressive deadlines for others to get buy in - then change them when they aren't met.
- Resist testing your theories.
- Focus more on what other people think and less on whether your idea is as good as it could be.
- Assume that a critical mass must embrace your idea for it to work.
- Choose an idea where number 6 is a requirement.
- Realise that people who don't instantly get your idea are bull-headed, shortsighted, or even stupid.
- Don't bother to dramatically increase the quality of your presentation style.
- Insist that you've got to go straight to the president of the organisation to get something done.
- Always go for the big win.
[...thought-provoking, isn't it? ...]
[...have you found yourself nodding in agreement through at least one? ....]