Wednesday 1 May 2024

Experimenting with my own chatbot

Chatbots are all the rage these days. So I was curious about how hard it would be to integrate my own personalized chatbot, trained on all my blog content, linkedin profile and some of my psychometric assessments, on blogspot here. Why? Well because I thought it would be a cool way for visitors to my blog to interact with me. They can ask questions about my work, the content, or even find out about me. I have embraced the public profile since starting this blog, on the back of reading Public Parts by Jeff Jarvis since starting this blog in 2011, and the experiment is still ongoing.

I have limited time and am still rusty with coding, I check youtube, found this video that was mildly interesting, but I don't have much time to waste. I get impatient with installing this and that and getting the pieces talking to each other (I am no longer that guy, one of my books is calling me). Then I went to my favourite source of info on AI news, Matt Wolfe's FutureTools website, searched for the most upvoted chatbot creation service, found this one: Chatbase, and dove right in. I signed up for Hobbyist subscription, which I'm not that pleased with because the model it exposes is limited to GPT3.5-Turbo. As this is an experiment, $19 sign-up is the school fees I'm paying for saving time building the foundations myself (I can cancel at any time). I will have to make time to do the deep work needed to build from scratch, but for today, I just wanted to see if a conversational chatbot could make a useful addition to my blog.

I found Chatbase to be easy to use, intuitive and darn right simple! You don't need a coding background or be technical enough to get the chatbot going, hence the school fees. I trained my bot, "avatarMo" on all the content from this blog, included my linkedin profile and some docs. Interesting facts: I have written quite a bit of content on blogger: 10 million characters roughly 6000 pages? Chatbase Hobbyist package has a limit of 11 million characters it can be trained on. 

Here's the bot:

No comments:

Post a Comment